Thursday, June 27, 2013

The Dentist

I hate the going to the dentist. It's an appointment that I absolutely dread attending. This week the kids and I had our appointments. My daughter is a lot like me and hates it as well so I was really worried about her appointment. The last couple of times she went, she got so upset that she threw up on the lady trying to clean her teeth and they weren't able to really do anything. With her birthday being this week, I really tried to play it up that 5 year old's love the dentist. Anyways, she did great! They said she got scared at first and cried but then calmed down and they were able to clean her teeth. This is a major accomplishment for her and I'm so proud. I had my appointment today and was not looking forward to it. I don't like it for multiple reasons. One reason is, being a stay at home mom means that if I have a doctor's appointment, everyone either has to come with me or I have to find a babysitter. My husband usually comes home and watches them if he can but it takes so long and then that puts him away from work and just an inconvenience. The main reason I hate it though is the whole process. I hate how long you have to sit there laid back with your mouth open. I hate how they poke around on your gums with those sharp hook things and it hurts. I hate that horrible drill sounding toothbrush they brush your teeth with and the gritty feeling toothpaste they use. Then comes the floss where they floss down into your gums and leave you in pain and bleeding. Agh!!! To me, it's a long agonizing hour and I do a little dance of joy when it's over and I don't have to go back for 6 months. What about you? How do you feel about the dentist?

1 comment:

  1. I hate the dentist more than any other Dr. But the last few times I've been, the hygienist has been super gentle, so it was much more bearable.

    ReplyDelete