Friday, June 28, 2013

Sick Child

Wednesday night, my youngest son was really fighting sleep. This is a bit unusual for him. He will usually fight it for just a little while and then gives up and goes to right to sleep. However, this night I tried everything. We were rocking until about 11:30 p.m. (normal bedtime 8:00 p.m.) when I finally caved and said "Do you wanna go lay in my bed til you fall asleep?" He said he did and off we went. We got to the bed and he still was tossing and turning. I asked him what was wrong multiple times but he said nothing was wrong. About midnight, as he was still tossing and turning, he threw up. He was laying on his back, so like a volcano, he erupted and the throw up when straight up in the air and back down on top of me and him. The grossest part is that it was in my hair and face. Eww!! Haha (I can laugh about it now) We jumped in the shower to clean up as my husband cleaned the bed and changed the sheets. We got all ready for bed again and as we were laying there about 12:30 a.m., with him on top of a beach towel, just in case it happened again, he said he needed to go throw up in the potty. I jumped up to grab him but he had already started to throw up again. We made it to the bathroom where he threw up multiple more times in the toilet. My poor baby! I got him cleaned up again as my poor husband got the bed cleaned up again. We got ready for bed once again anticipating more throw up. I even suggested that I lay in the bathtub with him instead of getting back in the bed, but luckily that was it and he didn't have any more episodes and he was fine all day Thursday. Apparently, something just didn't agree with him. Glad he's feeling better now. 

2 comments:

  1. Poor little guy! Glad he's feeling better now. Nothing solidifies your role as a Mama than getting thrown up on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's the truth! When you become a mom, you give up the smells of perfumes and good smelling scents to baby spit up/throw up and poop. Haha, but I wouldn't trade it for anything!

    ReplyDelete