Sunday, June 9, 2013

Bowling

In my last post, I said to stay tuned for our bowling trip, because it deserved a post all by itself. Well here goes… Sometime I wonder why I even try to go out in public with three kids, especially when one is a very strong willed two year old. I decided to take the kids bowling Friday afternoon. We signed up for the kids bowl free program with our local bowling alley. We did this last year and the kids loved it. When I plan to take the kids out to do things, it always goes much smoother in my head than it actually goes in real life. I made sure we went after nap time so the youngest would be in a good mood. Well that didn’t really work out for us. Last year, he was smaller so I could get away with keeping him in a stroller while we bowled, but that won’t work this year. We got to the bowling alley and gave the man at the desk our coupons for free bowling and paid for shoe passes so the older two would have bowling shoes all summer long. I got the shoe passes, our bowling balls, and shoes and proceeded to the lane. The oldest put on his shoes and was ready to bowl. The Princess put on her shoes and was excited at first and then started whining about how her shoes were too big and she couldn’t bowl with these shoes on. I took them off of her and swapped them for a smaller size. She put the smaller ones on and started bowling. The little one was constantly throwing temper tantrums because he didn’t like the fact that he had to wait his turn. Literally, he was the most excited little boy when it was his turn, then like a switch, as soon as his turn was over, he’d hit the floor throwing another fit. I was so embarrassed. I was one of “those mothers who never disciplines their kids.” (This, by the way, is not true) Sometimes, I’m convinced there is nothing you can do but leave in these situations. Meanwhile, the princess decided that these new shoes were still too big and proceeds to melt down. I go back to the counter and yet again get her a smaller pair of shoes. I put them on her and you can only imagine what happened next. She stands up and says in her most dramatic voice, “Oh, this will never work, they’re too tight.” Are you kidding me? By now, I’m about to lose it. The lady beside me is laughing and saying that I’m making her feel good because she knows that she is not alone and that her kids act like that too. Well I saw her kids and they were not acting like that at the moment, and I think I would have felt better if they were. Needless to say, we didn’t stay for our second game and I’m sure everyone around us was very happy. We will be going back because I paid for shoe passes and we will definitely be getting our money’s worth out of those. Hopefully, our next trip will be a little better. 



        It started out good


Here they are all bowling and having a good time
and then......










No comments:

Post a Comment