Saturday, June 8, 2013

Summertime fun

Thursday, I took the kids to the Rail Safety Awareness Day at the Railroad Museum. They had free activities for the kids as well as food and drinks. The best part was the free train ride. This was the youngest two’s first time on a big train. The only other train they have ridden is the one at the zoo. They all loved it. After we left the railroad museum, we went to my Grandmother's house for a visit. 
                                                   
                                                                   he was so excited
                                                    not the train we rode, but one on display

Friday, I decided to take the kids bowling. Our bowling experience deserves a post all to itself, so stay tuned for that.


Friday afternoon, my husband came home from work and asked us if we wanted to take a day trip to the beach the next day. Of course, we did. We love the beach. In general, I’m not a spontaneous person. I like to plan things in advance; however, I’m really glad we did this. We had some things we needed to finish up before we left, like getting my VBS room set up. We got that done and headed to my parent’s house where my husband needed to install a light. While there, my wonderful parents offered to keep our 2 year old so we could go and enjoy ourselves with the other two. He had a blast with his grandmommy and grandfather and the rest of us had a blast at the beach today. 

No comments:

Post a Comment