Friday, October 25, 2013

So long old friend! I'll miss you!

Well I decided to give up my most favorite drink, Diet Dr Pepper. I considered it for a while but couldn't ever do it. I had a friend who brought to my attention the negatives of the aspartame that is in these diet drinks. I've also read all the harmful things about it and what it does to your body and I kept saying that when I emptied one case, I wouldn't buy another but then that horrid caffeine headache would come and I'd quickly run to the gas station to get another drink, then to the grocery store to buy more. Sounds like I have a problem, doesn't it? I didn't want to swap them for the regular stuff because I don't want the sugar and actually prefer the taste of diet to regular. So, I decided to start drinking unsweetened tea. It's definitely an acquired taste.  It's been 2 weeks and so far so good. I actually like the taste of unsweet tea now and it gives me a little caffeine to keep off the headaches. (Yes, I know caffeine is not good for me either) I do miss the fizz of the sodas and when I see one, I think how good it would be. :) I have tried club soda with Mio in the past and I think I will try this again to see if this helps. However, if you see with a Diet Dr Pepper, don't judge. LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment