Saturday, October 26, 2013

Oct 21 - Oct 25

This week has been a bit different than normal. My oldest son and my husband have been gone all week on a mission trip to Puerto Rico. So that left me, the dog, and the 2 little kids to hold down the fort. We had major pool problems this week too. Of course, because things like this always happen with the husband is away. I discovered that we possibly had a leak, so I started letting the pool drain with the pump off. I did the dye tests to try and pinpoint the problem. In the end, I've ended up calling a professional, who will be here next week, to come out and look and I am currently filling the pool back up. I dread seeing our water bill this month, not to mention the cost of leak detection and repairs. I hope everyone is happy with a fixed pool for Christmas. :) We did school this week but a lot less structured than normal. We usually stick to a general time frame but with only having to teach one school aged child, and one toddler, we were able to be a bit more flexible. We did most of school in the afternoon. 

Thursday, my youngest son had a doctor's appointment in Birmingham, so I dropped off my daughter at my sister's house and took him to his appointment. We got excellent news. He's allergy free! When he was born, he had a severe milk allergy. He was born a big baby which turned out to be a blessing because he began to lose weight and couldn't keep his formula down. Every 30 minutes, he had terrible diarrhea with blood in it. We had to swap him to a hypoallergenic formula. We were told he'd probably out grow this by 1 and then by 2, but he still hadn't outgrown it. The doctor had us doing a challenge by introducing milk slowly back into his diet but it was never pretty. About July or August, we started introducing it again, and he was tolerating it. She did some tests and they all came back negative so we continued to give him the milk. This was our follow up appointment and we got the green light. He no longer has a milk/soy allergy. Yay! 

After we left the doctor, we picked up my daughter and went to my Grandmother's house for a visit. It's been a busy and hectic week and I can't wait for my oldest son and husband to be back home. 

Here are some pics from the week 

putting the puzzle together - I was asking him what all the animals said
as he putthem in their spot, got to the elephant and he said "Roll Tide"

Driving his cars on the H

She is saying "What?"

Spelling words with the game Boggle Jr. 

Lucky Ducks 
Having fun with the marker board

No comments:

Post a Comment