Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Beach Weekend

This past weekend, I had the opportunity to tag along with my mom to the beach. This was a business trip for her but myself and my two oldest kids came along to enjoy the beach. My grandmother also came. My husband willingly kept our youngest son at home with him and even took vacation time for Monday so we could stay through then. We left Saturday and got home Monday night about 9:00 p.m. The kids and I had a great time and the water in Destin, Fl is absolutely beautiful. Saturday, we spent the afternoon at the pool and then headed for a quick supper and then a nightly stroll on the beach.  Sunday, we spent the morning at the beach and the pool in the afternoon. Then my daughter and I hit the outlets for the last day of tax free weekend. When we got back, we all headed down stairs for supper. We had little bit of a scary night. We were sitting outside about 7:30 p.m. at the hotel's outdoor restaurant. It started to thunder and we knew it was about to storm but everyone thought it was probably just a normal summer shower. All of a sudden, the metal poolside chairs, tables,and umbrellas started to fly everywhere. Everyone was running for cover as the objects were flying around. It truly was scary. I had actually walked away from the table right before it happened, so I saw it before the rest of the family did. I yelled for them to get inside and then of course, everyone was running and screaming by then. I grabbed my daughter and told my son to run to the door. My grandmother was almost hit by a flying umbrella. The only thing that kept it from hitting her was a pole that was holding up an awning. It all happened so quick, although it seemed like it took forever to get everyone inside. I'm not sure what that was, almost like a little mini tornado. Lucky for us, we hadn't ordered yet so we went inside and ate there instead.  Monday's weather was great and the water was so calm, hardly any waves, that the kids played in the ocean for hours. We had a great time! When we got home, my youngest son was so excited to have mommy back and the best part of being back was that my wonderful husband had the whole house cleaned and all the laundry done. I'm so blessed with a  wonderful husband and family!
Playing in the sand


Having fun in the ocean


More fun in the ocean


Taken during the storm, right after the scary winds 

Hard to see the chairs back there, but trying to show how the chairs got blown around

Taken after the storm from our balcony

Taken after the storm from our balcony 
 
More photos after the storm

More storm pictures

More storm pictures




No comments:

Post a Comment