Wednesday, July 10, 2013

The Potty Train

Have you ever heard the phrase "scared the pee out of me"? I know it's not the nicest phrase, however, stay with me here I have a funny story. My 2 year old is potty training. He's doing pretty well. Of course, we're still having accidents but having lots of successes too. In fact, I took him to the store and let him pick out his very own big boy underwear and he was so excited!!! He wears underwear at the house but we still wear a diaper to bed and a pull-up when we go out in public. Well today, as it was storming at our house, my son was standing on the couch looking over the back of it out the window at the rain. I was in another room cleaning hamster cages out.  I heard a big clap of thunder, then he came running saying he needed to go "pee".  Well he already had gone, all over the couch. I said to him in a rather stern voice, "why did you pee on my couch?" He responded with little sad eyes and said "the thunder scared me". Poor thing, the thunder "scared the pee out of him". Ha ha, it was too funny and I couldn't be mad at him for that anymore. 

No comments:

Post a Comment