Friday, July 12, 2013

Friday morning mess

What a start to a Friday morning! I woke up very tired and wishing I could stay in the bed but my 2 year old woke me at 6:00 a.m., which is actually very unusual for him. He told me he wanted an egg for breakfast. He was very persistent on helping. I kept telling him that mommy needed to do this because eggs are too messy. (This is the child who got into the egg carton one day without me knowing and had a dozen cracked eggs all in the refrigerator, eww) Anyways, I put a bowl on the counter to crack the egg and he brought his little chair to come "help". I told him "No, mommy's going to do it". I moved the bowl to a different section of the counter to get it away from him and he followed with his little chair. So, I grabbed the bowl quickly to move it again out of his reach and I turned the bowl over and the egg went oozing onto my counter and down into the crack between the oven and the counter top. My husband had to come home and pull the oven out from the wall so I could get behind it and clean all the egg up. This was such a mess and to think, it all happened because I was trying to prevent a mess. Maybe, I should have let him help. Oh and let me add, he didn't even eat the egg.  

No comments:

Post a Comment