Tuesday, April 23, 2013

What would you do?


As we were leaving from getting an oil change today, we look across the road at a little boy, probably only 5 -6 years old, walking down the sidewalk. This was not in a neighborhood; this was a busy street. I pulled over to a parking lot beside him and watched him as I tried to figure out what to do. I wasn't sure if I should get out and talk to him, I definitely didn't want to scare him but he was heading toward an extremely busy intersection and there’s no way that I could leave. I watched him as I tried to see if anyone else was with him. I saw a police man coming through the intersection, who thankfully stopped and talked to the little boy. He sat and talked to the boy for a while, so I decided to go on home. The only thing I can think of is this little boy’s ride from school must not have picked him up as it was 3:30 and relatively close to a school. He was also wearing a little back pack. I felt scared for this little boy. I hope he is ok and I am sure the police made sure he made it home. I’m not sure if someone called the police or he was simply in the right place at the right time, but so glad he was there. What would you have done?
Another similar thing happened to me about 1 year ago. I was on my way to take my daughter to Mom's Day Out. I had my youngest son and daughter in the car with me, it was raining that day and as we turned off of our street, there was a toddler standing in the road splashing in puddles. The child was only about 18 months old and no adult was in sight. I stopped my car and asked her through the window where her parents were. She looked at me and kept splashing. I pulled into the nearest driveway and asked her to come here. She actually came running right to me. I walked to the door and rang the doorbell and the man inside had no idea she had gotten out. He was the grandpa and was babysitting for his daughter. My heart was pounding and I was so glad that I happened to find her and nothing bad happened to her. Definitely a scary moment for both of us. 

1 comment:

  1. Wow! This breaks my heart! You did the right thing. If a cop hadn't come, I probably would've called police.

    Thank the Lord you saw that toddler and rang a doorbell and her caregiver was found. How terrifying!!

    ReplyDelete