Sunday, May 12, 2013

Mother's Day



It’s been a great Mother’s Day Weekend. I hope that everyone who has a mother still living had a chance to go see her, Skype, Facetime, or call her and wish her a Happy Mother’s Day and let her know you love her. 
I am very blessed to have been raised by my mother. I’m a little biased but I believe I have the best mother there is. She raised us in a Christian home and took us to church every time the doors were open. I’m so thankful for her and my dad. I thank God for having been born into my family. They are great parents as well as wonderful grandparents to my children. I talk to my mom every day, sometimes several times a day. I think she gets tired of hearing from me, although I’m sure that’s not true. My family is a very close family and we spend lots of time together. I have never understood how some people can go days or even months without talking to their families. I can’t imagine.

I’m also blessed to have these three adorable children call me Mom. I remember when the doctor first handed my oldest son to me. That’s an awesome and scary feeling all at the same time. I remember crying from excitement that I finally was meeting my son and then reality sank in and I realized this little guy is depending on me to take care of him. That’s a huge responsibility.  With it being your first child, you have no idea what you’re supposed to do. Thank goodness for my mom who was there to help.  Almost 9 years later, and 2 more kids, I have this mother thing down, however, I still call my mom when the baby is sick or when I have a question.
Mothers are very special and so I want to wish all the mothers reading this a Happy Mother’s Day and I hope your day was very special. 

No comments:

Post a Comment