Monday, January 6, 2014

Our First Day Back 2014

Today was our first day back at school. The kids and I both have been looking forward to it. If you remember our schedule, we're taking two big breaks at both winter and summer so we've been off since Thanksgiving week. We thoroughly enjoyed our break but were all ready to get back to our routine. It went well today. We started the day off as normal then each child did an All about Me poster. They really enjoyed doing these. I thought it was a great way to start off the new year. I was afraid that my daughter might struggle a little with her reading since we've been off for a while, but she did great, no problems there! Yay! I credit this to starfall.com that she played almost daily during our break. That is a great website. We had Chick-fil-a for lunch. It was too cold to play outside today so we had a friendly bowling competition on the Wii, then made brownies. Yum! We had a great day. I hope they stay this excited, at least for a while. :-) 

Here are their pictures holding their posters. I captioned what they wrote as it's too small to read. 

My favorite sport is basketball, I like to collect to trains, My favorite color is yellow.
My favorite Movie is Annie. 

My favorite sport is football, I like to collect rubberband bracelets, my favorite color is red.
My favorite movie is Monsters University, My dream vacation is Disney World 
I love God, My favorite things are flowers, God and Baby Alive, my favorite color is pink.
My favorite book is My Princess Bible, I wish for: Being a real princess in a castle and being a dentist girl when I grow up. 

No comments:

Post a Comment